Research > Research advisory board
Research Advisory Council
The Research Advisory Council of the Institute of Energy Economics evaluates the scientific work of EWI. It issues recommendations for the development of research programmes and may produce corresponding reports and present these to the parties, the board of management and the supervisory board.
The research advisory board consists of six members. It comprises at least one professor from the University of Cologne and one professor from another, possibly foreign, university. The university appoints all members of the research advisory board, while the external professor is selected based on the management board's proposal to the university.
Moreover, the state of North-Rhine Westphalia, E.ON, RWE and the Society of Benefactors each have the right to delegate a representative to the research advisory board. The managing director of EWI and the EWI professors who are members of Cologne University's Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences can take part in the meetings of the research advisory board on invitation.
The members of the research advisory board act only according to their conscience and are committed to carry out their duties free from any bias. They are free to accept further members onto the board by mutual consent. The research advisory board meets typically once a year.
Members of the Research Advisory Board
- Prof. Dr. Richard J. Green (Chairman), Professor of Sustainable Energy, Imperial College London (UK)
- Prof. Christian Gollier, PhD, Professor of Economics, University Toulouse I, Member of the Toulouse School of Economics (F)
- Prof. Dr. h.c. mult. Martin Hellwig, PhD, Director at the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods
- Prof. Dr. Axel Ockenfels, Professor of Economics, University of Cologne
- Prof. Achim Wambach, PhD, Professor of Economics, University of Cologne
- Prof. Dr. Franz Wirl, Professor at the Institute for Industrial Economics, Chair for Industry, Energy and the Environment at Vienna University